Monday 1 July 2013

'Inspired by a song' with Visible Image July Challenge

Hi Guys
Hope you're all well?

WOW! What a month it's been for Visible Image.....Craft stamper and Create & Craft plus another date for Create & Craft with some more new stamps :o) .....so mark this date on your calender July 21st at 2pm :D
Watch out for any news or changes on our group page, we welcome lots of new members of late we've had loads thanks to Visible Image's TV appearance!

We had some fab entries as always in our June challenge Visible Image has Character check out the winners HERE and don't forget we also have our 'Live, Laugh, Love' competition HERE! where you can win £20 worth of fabulous polymer stamps! 

Our July Challenge is 'Inspired by a song' here on our blog .......come and have a look for some inspiration from our fabulous design team.......you don't have to use Visible Image stamps but you MUST use stamps, NO DIGI'S 

Music for me is one of my passions.....I have a rather eclectic taste and like most genre's with the exceptions of punk, heavy rock and boom boom.....I hate that repetitive tripe!
When I was in my teens with my 2 older sisters....my eldest sister Elaine being a big Kate bush & Roy wood fan and middle sis Jan very into Northern Soul ( I much preferred this lol)......for me I was a huge disco fan(still am, it makes me happy) and a bit of a New Romantic......I did say eclectic lol!

I loved Spandau Ballet LOTS.......so much so I wriggled & squirmed my way to the very front at concerts and touched Martin Kemp (swoon!) and Tony Hadley.......don't think I ever screamed, not a screamer at all, although my better half  thinks i'm like Catherine Tate's Margaret who screams at everyday things! 
I just do it on purpose now ;o)
Anyway lol.........
TRUE by Spandau Ballet.......'ah, ha, ha, ha, ah, haaaaaar ......I know this much is truuuuuu ewwwww :D  


My first ever play with Edward.....isn't he a dream......moody, mysterious and mean lol.....and he sooooo reminds me of a new romantic, all slick & stylish and eyes that pop.....Molly much prefers Edward <3
I coloured him with my promarkers and felt he needed the leopard print coat, rather dashing he looks too.

For the background I heat embossed 3 wonderful stamps in wow primary ebony the crackle backgroundbrick wall and Zebra background
I then mounted this onto some black card which I heat embossed in 'heat it up silver' using the freebie grunge border from the July issue of Craft Stamper and heat embossed the Love stamp too also in primary ebony.
Matted and layered on to black card and silver mirror board from creata .
The dangly 'True' is from my treasure chest stash, along with the silver musical  notes, the guitar was a wooden embelly from Hobbycraft which I heat embossed in 'heat it up black sparkle' & blinged it up, red rose is from my stash with the black gems & finally some black & silver ribbon to finish.

Hope you like my tag and can't wait to see your creations and good luck y'all
Thanks for dropping in :o)
Much Love 
Suze

Visible Image Blog Badge, Blinkie

I would like to enter this into the following challenges :-

14 comments:

  1. Sue this is outstanding Your colouring of Edward is awesome and I love the way you have used the other stamps on your background. I love it........Wow what an inspiration you are.... Crafty hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo mean n moody rocker!! Great love it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous image and stunning background you have created. Stunning Tag!!!!

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally brilliant and great colouring in too! I was more of a Paul Young fan in those days... front row of Whitley Bay Ice Rink (March 85!) lol But for Edward I am lovin' TRUE too :D

    Lisa
    xx
    ps... here I am a-visitin' your blog and it's not even Soozie-Toosday!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a fan of characters, but I LOVE what you've done here....it's great xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love, love, love it Sue, Edward looks such a rock god, and his guitar has bling, so he must also be very famous and making loads of dosh, lol !!!! I love the background, in fact I love the whole thing. Hugs P xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Inspiring tag. great combo of papers and colours. Thank you for joining us at Come and get It challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful project, love what you have done. Hugs Txx

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love this - it has inspired me so much - like you i have an eclectic taste in music and i will have to raid my cd collection to get some more inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning tag love the cols and the image xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great tag, brilliant image, thanks for joining us at Lady Annes challenge this month, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous tag. I love the true charm and the embossed background. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Friends this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved reading your blog, and think this tag is brilliant, the image suits Spandau Ballet, and Edward has the look of Martin Kemp too (swoon !). I loved their song "Through the Barricade". I'm going to try and have a go at this challenge myself, off to get my thinking cap on :o) Love Anne Chilvers xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous tag! Just love how cool he is. Thanks for joining our BLING challenge at Pile It On! Best, CG

    ReplyDelete