Tuesday 22 April 2014

'More than words' with Visible Image

Good Morning everyone :)
It's 'Soozie Tooseday' today, I had a 'SoozieSunday' last week!

I hope you all had a lovely Easter, with a combination of some quality family time and chocolate :D
I'm hoping you've all been creating TAGS to enter our April TAGS challenge, if not you better hurry :)

Our Facebook group is buzzing at the moment and if you want to be the first to hear of any new stamp releases then here is the place to be and I hear a little whisper we may getting brand new stamps sooooooon, but keep this quiet :) ssssshhhhhh!

Ok........

Today's post is a bit of a sad one, my best friend <3 lost her Mum on Friday very suddenly and as you can imagine she is devastated, her Mum was a lovely lady and meant the world to my bezzie, her life certainly wont be the same again, a huge chunk of her heart is gone forever :(

...... these are for my Best Friend........ one to tell her i'm here for her, she knows that but it never hurts to say it and the other the dreaded 'Sympathy card' :(

Colour wise I used primary lagoon and fluorescent green wow embossing powder.
The gorgeous stamp set is from the 'More than words' range and is 




and  I just LOVE this verse,written by Helen from Visible Image 
Designed by Mark...the two make up the Dynamic duo that is 
VISIBLE IMAGE



After I had versamarked up my stamp and transferred the image onto my neena card I used the lagoon blue and dribbled the powder down the front, middle and end of the image,shook of any excess and then applied the fluorescent green to the rest of the verse and then used my heat gun. Grunged up the eges in salty ocean and mounted......3 gems to finish!

***

Now Helen made this sympathy card easy, it's my first ever and I wasn't sure how to go about it....but less is more I think with Sympathy cards, so CAS all the way
......the words say everything that need to be said :(
Helen you're a genius :)
I heat embossed the verse, words, flower and stem in primary ebony wow, used the spellbinders deckled dies and the next size up I stamped the flower in seedless preserve distress ink, and grunged the edges in the same colour  with a sponge......this set takes out all the stress and hard work of doing what's unfortunately a necessary card but not one we enjoy doing!
The 'With Sympathy set' is a must!
Alternatively you could use darker colours and use the 
Finished with some clear gems and a teardrop.


I hope you will be more confident to make 'sad cards' and try to think of it  that when the recipient opens it, they'll know you care :)

Much Love
Suze

Visible Image Blog Badge, Blinkie

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Sue, both, and fabulous verses, so apt, the Sympathy one...love your cards hun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sentiments on both these cads, both beautiful, I am sure your friend will take comfort from them.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Sue fabulous work hun hugs Judith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Sue, these are gorgeous, I love the colours you have chosen and the sentiments are fabulous!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning. Love the colors and layouts.

    ReplyDelete